Documentation and English Translation
Please find below the relevant documentation published by the Federal Department of Justice and Police in German, French and Italian, in particular:
- Draft DPA (DE/FR/IT)
- Explanatory notes regarding the draft’s amendments (DE/FR/IT)
- Draft amendments of the further legislation (DE/FR/IT)
- Draft Council of Europe Treaty 108 (DE/FR/IT)
- Concordance table (DE/FR/IT)
- Directive 2016/680 (EN/DE/FR/IT)
- Exchange of notes regarding the adaption of Directive 2016/680 (DE/FR/IT)
- Impact assessment regarding the data protection revision (DE)
For convenience and future reference, we have translated the preliminary draft DPA into English. Our translation is not official and is to be used for information purposes only.
The English translation of the preliminary draft can be found here.
We have further prepared a commented chart comparing the provisions of the current DPA to those of the preliminary draft DPA.
The compartive chart can be found here (available in German only).