Documentation and English Translation
Please find below the relevant official documentation published by the Federal Department of Justice and Police, in particular:
- Revised DPA (DE/FR/IT)
- Draft DPA (DE/FR/IT)
- Explanatory report to draft DPA (DE/FR/IT)
- Preliminary draft DPA (DE/FR/IT)
- Explanatory notes regarding the preliminary draft’s amendments (DE/FR/IT)
- Preliminary draft amendments of the further legislation (DE/FR/IT)
- Draft Council of Europe Treaty 108 (DE/FR/IT)
- Concordance table (DE/FR/IT)
- Directive 2016/680 (EN/DE/FR/IT)
- Exchange of notes regarding the adaption of Directive 2016/680 (DE/FR/IT)
- Impact assessment regarding the data protection revision (DE)
For convenience and future reference, please find below the following additional documents prepared by Walder Wyss:
- Unofficial English translation of the revised DPA. Can be found here.
- Unofficial English translation of the draft DPA. Can be found here.
- Unofficial English translation of the preliminary draft DPA. Can be found here.
- Commented chart comparing the provisions of the draft DPA to those of the current DPA and those of the preliminary draft. The chart can be found here (in German).
- A list of points where we think the draft DPA - which is an advancement over the preliminary draft - should be further improved can be found here (in German) and here (in English).
Our translations are unofficial and are to be used for information purposes only.